ADC was set up in January 1997 as a nonprofit organisation by the Government of Malaysia to promote the development of the Aerospace sector. Under the auspice of Economic Planning Unit (EPU), the company was allocated with a launching grant. SME Industries, under Khazanah Holdings was tasked to implement the project while EPU supervised the policy and setting up of the initial institution.
Today, the company objectives broadly encompass the areas below:
- To provide Design, Research and Development services for primarily metal-based General Aviation aircraft manufacturing programs, modifications, repairs and upgrades.
- To comply with regulatory, airworthiness and certifications requirements, in accordance with those of CAAM and other international agencies, when conducting design activities and programs.
- To provide consultancy and sub-contract services on a case to case basis.
- To develop Human Resource by providing advance training in specialized areas of aircraft design through courses, real-time projects, seminars and other forums.
- To facilitate Technology Transfer from source to beneficiary in the field of aircraft design.
- To keep abreast with state-of-the art development in the field of aircraft design technology and its application.
- To selectively participate in strategic joint/collaborative aircraft programs with reputable international aircraft manufacturers for mutual benefit.